Posted by Ambassador T. Brikins
Insecurity. Unemployment. Poverty. Greed. Dissatisfaction. Disappointment. Deceit. Kidnappings and killings. Adolescent and Adult delinquencies. Disease, sickness and
These numberless and nameless other challenges respect no geographic boundaries, economic or political blocs. They are as historic as ancient as they are modern and contemporary.
They merely become news when they take on new personalities or methods.
Behind them are unseen forces killing, destroying and stealing. But there is a greater force that has come to give abundant life to all dead issues.
The antidote to lifelessness in the secular and spiritual is knowledge. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Welcome to weightiermatter.org.
“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithes of mint and anise and cumin, and have omitted the greater matters of the law, judgment, mercy and faith: these ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone”.
This is Jesus still speaking to leadership at all levels today. Judgment, mercy and faith are current issues today as they were when Jesus spoke them two thousand plus years ago.
So, weightier matter shall focus on and encourage matters that matter. Matters that weigh directly or indirectly on good of the people
Hannah’s prophetic prayer instructs us that, “…the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed”.
This reformative and recreative platform will post matters before or as they crop-up, sprout and blossom.
Our worldview is Christian.
Dr. Wilbur O’Donovan, a missionary of over 30 years defines worldview as, “the view which a person has of this world. It is the way he understands and interprets the things which happen to him and other people. It is a person’s way of understanding life and the world in which he lives. It is a person’s belief of about what is real and what is not real”.
To the Christian for instance, the current calamities in the world are a biblical fulfillment of the end times and God has promised to protect him/her from them all. So is not depressed by depressing news.
Weightiermatter.org shall see the news and interpret it from a Christian perspective or Christian worldview because;
- The solution to human problems is not in the power of politicians or the government. They are as much as the part of the problem and the problem.
- Past and present reformers know that man can’t erase the evils of society, but renewed hearts can and will.
- Political, spiritual social and other human reforms follow reform inspired by the knowledge of God. Isaiah’s work bothered on the reform of social and political evils. Some other who trailed the continuous reform movement is Jeremiah, Nahum, Zephaniah,Marthin Luther ect.
- The strength of democracy prospers on man’s mass opinion which often echoes surface pains and not the root cause of pains.
- The All knowing and Almighty GOD possesses ways and thoughts that are opposed to the world’s. The rulers of this present darkness exhibit in specific ways, while Christians-the light and salt of the world exhibit the workings of God in themselves.
The New York Times captured this in its editorial in 2004 “…Christians [especially Evangelicals] in
America were shaping foreign
policy toward righteousness, whether in government or business etc. U.S.
Whether political, economic or social policy, Christians and Christianity have an internally driven perspective inspired and instructed from the Bible which must inform decisions in private and public domains. For instance, budgets should be moral documents.
Perspectives are further doctored by some barriers to communications like different perception, stereotyping, lack of knowledge, interest etc.
A Christian perspective will;
· Build relationships for change in all areas of life.
· Build a virtual community for change.
Our tool for this task is from Isaiah 11: 9
“…for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of God, as the waters cover the sea”.
E.W. Kenyon, who left this world in 1948, still speaks. “All the knowledge that is taught in our schools, colleges and universities has been gained through the five senses…Man cannot know God [even himself] through the senses of his body…Natural man cannot understand spiritual things…Sense knowledge is in what man is and can do, and has done. Revelation faith is in the word of God,” that liveth and abideth”.
So, we shall be expecting to be blessed by your revelations from God’s word through your feedbacks, comments, story ideas etc. Remember the foundation of our Abraham covenant is to be blessed and be a blessing, [Genesis 12: 2; Galatians 3:13, 14]. God’s revelation to you can also bless other people. Some people whose revelation has blessed the world are.
Marthin Luther…the just shall live by faith
Seyme Willims…Baptism of the Holy Spirit
Kenneth E. Hagin…Faith
Smith Wigglewort…power of the Spirit
WHY CHRISTAINS CANNOT RELY ON THE NEWS AND INTERPRETATION FROM THE WORLD’S PESPECTIVE.
- The wisdom that rules this world is not reliable. “…yet not the wisdom of this world, or of the princes of this world that come to naught”. [1 Corinthians 2:13].
- The real battle that challenges man is that of the mind and Satan has blinded the minds of unbelievers in order to dominate them as the god of this world.[11 Corinthians 4:4]. Christians have been redeemed.
- The battle is a spiritual one and events in the natural world are directed from the supernatural world. [Ephesians 6:12].
- But, Christians have been delivered from the manipulative power of darkness [Colossians 1:13] and must enforce this deliverance through the renewing of their minds [Romans 12:2]-beliefs and actions.
- This is will be principally achieved by the knowledge of God because among other things man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from God’s mouth. He also upholds everything by His word and has placed His word above His name and though the world shall pass away His word shall remain.
· For the redeemed and potentially redeemed.
OUR INTERPRETATIVE METHOD
The 5 fold ministry is given to the church to build it. This diversity of spiritual gifts shall play out on this reformative and recreative blog.
· The leading of the Holy Spirit, the true Teacher.
· Reference or use of books and information material from of anointed women and men of God.
· The application of the principles of contextualization following the major guidelines below.
1. What the Bible says on the issue.
2. How extra-biblical knowledge [e.g. culture, indigenous knowledge, politics, economics, science, philosophy, etc relate to the issue.
3. How the truth of the Bible relate to the issue in practical, doable terms.
4. How it applies today in circumstance.
5. Testimonies, evidence, models of the applied truth.